By Megan VanScoyoc
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips (I used 3/4 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips!)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and place muffin liners in a muffin pan
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Fill the lined muffin cups to about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake the muffins for 15-17 minutes, or test by poking a toothpick near the center and remove the muffins when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack
- Enjoy! These are delicious both warm and cold, but I prefer mine when they’re colder. When they’re warm, you will get more of a chocolate flavor, and when they’re cold, they will have more of a pumpkin flavor.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sugar: 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the hoven to 350˚F and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla until well combined
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, and cinnamon until the flour mixture disappears when mixing
- In a small bowl, mix the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sugar until well combined.
- Press the dough into the baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. TOOTHPICK TEST! Mine took about 30 minutes to bake properly, but some of my taste testers preferred it when it wasn’t baked completely for its gooey texture.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!